How to Access the Hidden Job Market Easily?
A job market is a place for employers and candidates who shall become potential employees. Employers search for the best candidates for filling up the vacancies created in their organization. And qualified and eligible candidates search for jobs. Job market depends upon the demand and supply of labor within the economy with its specifications, qualifications and industry wise availability. Because of Huge supply of candidates with the limited demand for jobs, whenever a job posting is listed, a pool of candidates arrive for the post and it becomes difficult for the employer to judge one candidate among thousands. Similarly, it is not possible to make visible each and every vacancy of each and every organization through advertisement, references, networking or any other means of communication. Thus, the left over jobs which remain unadvertised are referred to as hidden jobs. Hidden jobs are basically job openings which are not listed. Nowadays companies search applicants without advertising for jobs through social media and technology advancement. For the employers, it is a planned process. But for the candidates it is a huge favour if they find hidden jobs over the globe.
20 Tips to Access the Hidden Job Market:
1. Opt for online networking: Register yourself on social networking sites like LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, twitter and other social platforms which don’t even cost a penny. Employers target social sites because there the candidates’ actual whereabouts are seen. Apart from the qualification, it can also be seen that how a candidate is communicating with the professional and the peer. His language, presentations and way of understanding things can be easily identified by social media. Online networking for job ensures that you are well versed with the surfing and technological aspects in today’s world.
2. Join groups for Industries you are interested in: Start volunteering to attain time from professionals for having small talks, meetings etc. First unclaimed volunteering is a key for strong and baleful networking. In this way, you can be recognized in the job market and can be approached as and when the requirement arises.
3. Make yourself resourceful: Once you are attached to the type of industry of your choice, start gathering important updates and information required for the basic fulfillment of objectives of the said industry. Write articles about your knowledge and send them to your contact list. Keep your information short and precise and resourceful at the same time. This way, your name will become associated with the knowledge you are displaying as a valuable and a well resource source.
4. Try to get insider Information: Get associated with executives of various companies and try to talk about their companies. Learn about the current plans and procedures of the company. Talk about the management. You need to explore the needs of the company so that you can make yourself fit for the positions created in near future.
5. Search Company site: Jot down the list of companies flourishing in the line of industry you want to work in. Search about the company onto the internet. Go on company’s website and learn the current plans and openings listed there. It so happens that the company has not appointed any middle man or recruiter for searching applicants. So it shall be advantageous for you to explore these sites.
6. Watch news channel daily: News is a major source of information about each and every part of the nation and world. Through daily news, you can keep yourself groomed and fill yourself with the current scenario and the whereabouts of all types of industry. You should read and listen to the news and be aware of your surroundings. This activity will create interest in you for involvement in various activities as well as make you interesting enough to communicate with people around you.
7. Contact recruiters and maintain relationships: Recruiters are person having fully fledged knowledge on which company is having what type of openings and when are they going to launch its listing. Thus, they can help you find the job which you have always wanted. They create a desirable profile of yours in front of the company and market your credentials so that the companies will definitely approach you even if the vacancies are not listed. So, if you have a regular touch with the recruiters, they will remember you and can recommend you as and when they feel that you are the right person for the job.
8. Make proper use of LinkedIn: Keep your profile up to date. Join groups and professionals you think necessary for steeping up the ladder. Get in touch with the recruiters in LinkedIn. Regularly interact in forums and give your suggestions wisely. Remember you are watched with every reply of yours. Your valuable discussions will make people aware of your thoughts and knowledge base and the perspective of how you connect with topics. When your counter asks some points, your replies display a way of understanding, you have in people around you.
9. Attend conferences: Attending seminars and conferences enlighten you with the knowledge of the present upbringing of the industries. You come to know about the updations and expansions coming up and you can prepare yourself for these updations. If you are knowledgeable about the current field of technology and advancement or the present type of work culture, you can easily penetrate into the market without any vacancy arising for the same.
10. Volunteer at events promoting profession: There are thousands of volunteering options available online. Just find a noble cause to enlighten your profession and start engaging yourself into the functions and works of the community that needs you. Professional team will always consist of people who want to change the world. Get in touch and make a difference so that you become a name in the job market.
11. Join association related to your profession: Associations are setup for a purpose. Give your useful knowledge and time to some kind of association whose purpose makes you think that it is viable to move forward in this type of planning. Joining an association is a way of getting in touch with people who want and need individuals who come forward to promote their purpose with a noble intention. The members of the association might be highly profiled and might raise a job market in this regard.
12. Visit job fairs and exhibitions related to career: Career fairs and exhibitions are organized to meet the employers in an informal sitting. It is an exposition for employers who need candidates. They get the opportunity to meet job seekers and candidates with required skills and knowledge. Here, the employers get an overview of the candidate and talk to them about their expectations and culture. The job seeker can display their views and the employers can manipulate their needs according to the requirements of the candidates if the candidates are so very efficient in their aspects.
13. Talk to everyone about your job search: Be a chatter box in this case. Talk to people whom you are only a bit associated, about the type of job you are into. You don’t know the minds and requirements of other people. It might happen that they have a job for you in their minds. Keep your resume updated and fresh so that you can provide it anytime you need it to be provided in the meetings of small talk. Spread a work about the knowledge you need to expose.
14. Plan to get inside the four walls of the company: Find reasons to visit a company. Display your solid attitude when you enter a company. There are many ways you can enter- like you can just casually enter a company and meet the receptionist and tell him to get you with the HR. In some companies they might allow you to meet the HR and you may be recognized for having that much courage and exposure to come and explore the opportunities when the company has not displayed anything on air.
15. Send direct email to companies: While visiting company websites, you get a column of “contact us” in every website page. You can use the means to contact certain executives of the company via email or phone number whatever is mentioned there. In case of email, you can send your updated and related resume to the said email for applying for jobs. Visiting the site of the company gives you an idea about the nature and prospects of the company. If the company is going in an expansion mode, you can relate your qualification with any of the potential requirement being created on or during expansion and can drop a resume with a brief idea about the company proceedings you can understand. In this way, you can create a vacancy for yourself if your ideas are likeable.
16. Search for potential opportunities: It may seem a little not on the list for the moment but it is true that opportunities are not farfetched. You never know what your future ahead brings for you. You could find yourself in a position to be a well designated official within a year from now. So, always search for upcoming opportunities. Once you gather some chances, then you will realize how beneficial it is for the strain you have undergone. Incredibly, the strain is worth the outcome and moreover, it will cost you almost nothing from your side.
17. Be in touch with people linked with various companies: One of the most successful executives when asked, how he went to such heights. He replied: PEOPLE. Yes, it is true! High aspired people have circles which include counterparts of smarter people. Managing those smarter people is an art of networking. Make relations with co volunteers, with club members, play teams. All in the real world. This type of networking required real world touch and communication, totally apart from virtual world. And you will feel for yourself that the team is a lot helpful for starting and building up your career and taking it to stars.
18. Talk about your profession and your aspirations: Talk about the previous and current status of your job to people. Make your English excellent and be confident to leave a good impression on your future friends. Talk about your experiences and credentials as the most important part of your life. Your qualification, your achievements in any work which has made you recognized in previous jobs. Make sure to mention the languages you know as the employer may be concerned about this fact.
19. Approach Vendors of the company: Vendors are enterprises that contribute goods or services to organizations. They have brief and right insider knowledge of the company and its future. You can get vendor list from the reports of finance or from warehouse management list. Develop means to reap benefits from vendor list of the company. Third parties have a sound knowledge and a good hold with the company. In any case, you benefit having a win-win scenario, vendors have a huge network and their penetrating capabilities are far more effective than any other official of the company.
20. Check annual reports and filings of companies: A comprehensive study of all the company activities is present and accumulated in the annual reports of the company. These reports help the interested people to gather information about the company’s activities and financial outcomes of the preceding years and the coming plan for action of the future years. The grey literature is helpful in deciding whether to invest your manpower capabilities in the company or not. It so happens sometimes that your dream job is hidden in the job market. The above listed ways may help you in letting you know when the vacancies pop up. The intermediaries are ready and willing to do the heavy lifting for you. Just jump into the opportunities you care about and land at your best.